Rabbit stew recipe
- 1 JuHa Ranch rabbit, about 3 pounds, cut up
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms, sauteed
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 4 cups dry red wine
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- Dredge rabbit pieces with 1/2 cup flour.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; brown rabbit pieces on all sides.
- Add celery, onion, salt, pepper, bay leaf, 4 cups water, and wine; bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and simmer rabbit stew for 2 hours.
- Add carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms; cook for about 25 to 30 minutes longer, or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/3 cup water; stir until well blended and smooth.
- Stir flour mixture into the broth; cook and stir until thickened.
Prep Time: 30m Cook Time: 3h Total Time: 3h 30m
Serves: 4 Yield: Rabbit stew recipe serves 4. Category: Rabbit