Braising Meat – Low & Slow
Cooking Meat – Low and Slow Method for Meats Requiring Braising
The saying “good things come to those who wait” must have had experience with braising meat. It takes a little patience and a tried and true method such as this one, but it is well worth the wait. Enjoy!
- Tallow or Lard
- Chopped Vegetables of your choice (Onions, Garlic, Celery, Bell Peppers)
- Red Wine (1 cup)
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Your Favorite Seasoning
- Dust meat with flour.
- Brown with tallow or lard until brown.
- Remove the meat and add chopped onions, celery, garlic, bell pepper or whatever vegetables you like and sauté.
- Put a cup+ of red wine in pan and deglaze the pan. Put meat back in and season with black pepper and salt along with your favored seasonings.
- Put lid on and put in oven at 225 degrees
- After a couple/or a few hours, check it with a fork to see if it’s tender enough for you.
At 225 degrees you can leave it for however long you want, it won’t overcook, it will just fall apart and you will have a great gravy.
Cook Time: 2-4h Total Time: 2-4h
Yield: Depends on pounds of meat Category: Braised Meat